Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The Timicist Unitarian

So I spent all this time devising and crafting Timicism 3.0, and I come to find out it already exists.

It turns out that Timicism is just a brand of Unitarian Universalism (UU). We're not identical on all the the specifics, but the basic gist of both is the same: find your own path, respect others, borrow from all the religions, use reason and science.

I wonder if they'd be willing to merge with me? TUU: Timicism Unitarian Universalist? UTU? UUT?

I suppose the T should go last, since I was the last to join the party. I'm all about humility and fairness, after all.

2 comments:

ecthead said...

Well, I guess there is nothing new under the sun. UUT sounds good-when asked what religion you follow, you can just answer UTT?. They'll just think you have trouble saying dubyas:)

Does the UUT have a stance on Halloween overall, I'd love to hear it.

Tim said...

Or I could sound it out, and say I'm an OOOOOT.

I can't speak for the UU side, but Timicism has no problems with Halloween. I would doubt the UUs do, either. The sermon at the UU church this week was on hauntings.

Celebrate away! (But harmlessly)